Thursday, March 25, 2010

Journal #31- My Passion

1. My passion is dancing. After 9 years of dancing I have discovered that it is something that I have grown to love. Through the hardships and pain comes through the passion that lies underneath. Every week I cannot wait to get into the studio and feel that adrenalin rush I get from getting my leap higher, or my turns faster. This is my passion.

2. My epxperiences with this passion have been, to be honest pretty minimal. I would, do mall performances and little community event performances. But I really haven't taken to the next level. But I have experienced pain, frustation, and satisfaction after dancing for all these years. I also, experienced dissapointment and a difficult transition form one studio to the next. But this summer I plan to take dancing to the next step and compete with my dance team in the Spot Light Reigonals.

3. In the future I want to take this passion and use it to get into college. I want to possibly get a dancing scholorship to USC, or Berkley. I want to take this passion and challenge myself with it. Pushing myself to take new classes and learn harder tricks. Also I want to learn different styles of dance from around the world and expand my knowledge of the history of dance. I hope to someday travel the world through dance. Even if I don't dance for a living I want to always keep on dancing and have it be a part of my life for many more years to come.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Angela,

    I'm not sure what's up with all of the kanji posts. I do know that they can be deleted, so let me know if you want help at getting rid of them ;>

    Nice job on your post about dancing and interesting point about wanting to push it further. Was that a reason for shifting to a new studio, to challenge yourself to attain new levels?

    I would suggest talking to Mrs. Mau if you haven't already done so, to find out what types of requirements there are for getting one of those dance scholarships...perhaps she could put you in touch with MoHS alumni who have gone on to study dance :)

    Assessment score: 3
    mrs s

    ReplyDelete