Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My writing Experiences

Writing is something that has always been a part of my life. Ever since I learned how to write my name until the most recent writing venture; this blog, I've had many writing experiences through all of my years in school.
Some of my best writing experiences include some where I got to be personal in my writing, giving people a sense of who I am. Writing pieces such as my roots and recipe, and querencia papers really show a sense of who I am. When I wrote these I found it to be easier then just writing a report because it was about me and being personal.
Other great experiences I've had was creative writing pieces. These are memorable to me because I can be free to write any story I want, and just make up my own little world with my ideas on paper. One short story that I called "Left-Over Lasagna" was about the gift of giving. It took place in New York during Christmas time and is about a girl named Ella that learns about that giving is better than getting. I also enjoyed having a creative writing session at the begining of every period in my 8th grade english class.
One goal that I have this year as a writer is to be able to easily get all of my ideas on to paper instead of struggling to come up with the words to project them out onto paper. I want to be able to do this by first organizing all of my thoughts into one writing plan, and to also use the 6 traits as a guideline for my writing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela,

    It sounds as if you’ve had very good background in writing. I’m intrigued by your creative writing lessons in eighth grade…sounds like fun! And, I think creativity can (and should) be brought into expository pieces as well. It’s like we say in broadcast journalism, a feature package (which is non-fictional and thus, seemingly non creative) should have story, character, conflict, and surprise…almost like a fictional work…but finding the story in the real world 

    Here are my comments on your pro/con pre-assessment: smoothly written argument, with effective use of transitional devices. What I’d like to see, if this were a revised argumentative essay would be a greater variety of evidence and examples. But that will come when the class is working on the risky business essay ;>

    mrs s

    ReplyDelete