Monday, December 14, 2009

Reflection of my portfolio

I think that my portfolio was well written and put together nicely. Over all, my graphics matched each trait, and the metaphor I used in my portfolio well represented the traits. I explained how each part of an outfit or step to making an outfit is like a trait. I provided 2 examples of work from this semester for each trait that I feel best represented my best work in that trait.
This semester has gone by so fast and I've learned so much. I've learned how to mature as a writer, and as you can see from this portfolio compared to last year's I've really matured. Not only in my writing but in my website making skills as well. I feel that I've done the best I could to sum up my writing progress into one portfolio.
....Please answer the following questions pertaining my portfolio.
  1. What did you like best about my portfolio and portfolio conference? What would you like to see me improve on in my portfolio?
  2. From your point of view, which of my attainments of the 4 traits of writing is of most value? Please explain why you feel it is important and what about my documentation of it impresses you.
  3. Which of the traits of writing would you like me to focus on in the coming semester?

What's the purpose?
  1. It is an opportunity for them to comment on your learning and
  2. It is part of my assessment of your attainment of General Learning Outcome #5, "Effective Communicator." Your sharing of the portfolio should enable your parents to reflect and respond to the three questions above.

1 comment:

  1. Reynaldo Valdez (dad)
    1. I liked the design/layout and how the metaphor well suited the traits. I don't see much to improve on, but there always room for improvement.

    2. The value is organization. What impressed is how well you can organize your work.

    3. I think next semester I'd like you to focus the most on word choice. You can always learn new words.

    ReplyDelete